I technically started this project last summer when I carved this stamp. Somewhere along the line, the project lost steam and I never got around to making a bunch of cards. Yesterday, I was digging through some craft boxes and found it. This time, I decided to grab some paper before I forgot about it all over again.
The tools for this project are pretty simple. Everything shown above is made by Speedball and was picked up at my local art store. The pink stamp is a piece of soft rubber that I wrote my initials on (backwards so the image comes out the right way) and then carefully carved it out. I used some teal block printing ink and a small brayer.
I squeezed a drop of ink on to a wooden cheese board (that is no longer a cheese board) and thinned it out until the brayer was coated evenly. Then I rolled the brayer over the stamp and turned the stamp upside down on some cardstock. I left the cards out to try overnight - the oil based ink takes a while to set.
For paper, I used a variety of different colors that I had on hand. I knew it would be a hassle to change the ink color so I picked papers that would work with the teal. Most of the paper came from Paper Source A7 cards. Once folded in half, they fit perfectly into 4 bar envelopes. I mixed and matched cardstock and envelope colors to make the sets more interesting.
I am happy to have finally used this stamp and am glad to have some casual stationery on hand now.