pizza no. 1 : thai chicken.
occasion : it's Friday night.
crust : our whole wheat usual.
sauce : peanut sauce of Paul's concoction (all measurements are approximate)
- 1/4 C peanut butter
- juice of half a lime
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar (or similar)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1-2 tbsp honey (we use natural peanut butter with no sugar so we probably used more honey than you'd need with skippy)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- a couple shakes of cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste.
- if consistency isn't quite right, add a bit of water (1-2 tbsps).
cheese : cheddar.
toppings : carrots, chicken, onion.
thoughts : good, but we have and we can do much better.
ps : thanks so much for your excitement over this new project! We are so excited to think outside the box on this one and will be grilling crust, experimenting with deep dish and trying all sort of sweet & savory options. Hoping to finish this challenge before Paul deploys again next spring.