My original plan for "glass" was two painted mugs. I painted them, waited the 21 days for the glass paint I bought to cure, and then realized that ceramic didn't technically count as glass. But turns out it didn't matter because the paint still came off after their first run in the dishwasher. DIY project FAIL. The concept was pretty cute though, so I'll try them again and share them here for sure.
Frustrated with the mugs, but determined to still get the glass material out of the way, I painted a clear glass vase with the same brand of paint - I'm assuming since I will not be dishwashing and the paint is on the outside, it will be okay. The glass vase was one that came with a flower delivery and while it's a great size, it was pretty plain.
I painted each faceted section in alternating teal and white and think the result is pretty fun. A little bit circus-y and a little bit Jonathan Adler.
Totally an "Elise Project" - graphic, imperfect, easy and two colors. ;)
This is project 5 of 27. I am attempting to complete 27 craft projects using 27 different materials before I turn 28 on 02.22.13. You can follow my progress here on the blog or on pinterest. Birthday challenges are my favorite. You can see the 26 Projects I completed while 26 here and the 27 materials I have used so far here.