I should put "complete three just for fun projects" on my goals list every month. I'm getting more accomplished in June than in the past three months, for sure.
I feel like I've had this pillow on my mind for months - at least since I posted about this one from Crate & Barrel last February - but the motivation really struck when I decided to finish up this bedroom and also when I realized that almost all the other rooms in my house currently have an ampersand for decor...
Just like my heart pillow, I used duck canvas and a satin stitch with black thread to pull it all together.
I hand-drew my ampersand with pencil on the duck cloth and cut it out. Then when I realized I couldn't erase my pencil lines, I flipped my first ampersand over and traced it (so the pencil marks were on the back) and then re-cut it out. I should have made a template on paper first, but per usual, I jumped the gun. Another option would be to print an ampersand (or whatever letter you'd like to use) on computer paper and trace from there, but it gets trickier if you want the image to be big.
It's quite likely I'll be kicking myself in a few months for not using this project as the "fabric" material for the 27 materials, but I feel like I can get more creative in the fabric category than a pillow. ;)
ps...here's our DIY our bed quilt and our headboard. And yes, I made the bed specifically for these photos. And since we're sort of on the topic, I am seriously considering making another quilt. Waiting to see how the rest of the room comes together first.