There were a couple requests last week to explain how I keep my paper products and craft storage organized. I figured the easiest way to share would just be a video tour of my office. I use this room for work (writing posts, making product, packaging product) and play (Project Life, decor projects) so it serves two purposes. I am so thankful for the space, work surfaces & tons of storage.
Main tips :
- Group like items! I keep everything straight by having drawers and boxes that are clearly labeled with what's in them. Ikea sells cheap, good quality boxes.
- Use wall space for storage. I don't know where I would be without the pegboard and clipboard wall. They help me keep things in view and off the actual working surfaces.
- Go through your stuff and purge often. I need to do this soon.
- Keep things you use all the time out on the desk top - for me this is business cards, stamps, pens, some tools and smaller embellishments. I like using little bowls to keep this stuff organized.
- That big wall calendar is my saving grace for keeping blog posts organized and myself on track.
Room details :
- all furniture from Ikea.
- wall color is Valspar's Champagne Gelee
- I know when I originally set up this office, I said I was going to use the white ladder for plants... well, one thing let to another and now all the other rooms in my house are filled with plants and the office ladder is usually home to piles of paper. There are worse things.
Project links :
Product links :
Questions? Ask in the comments and I'll respond there. Thanks for taking a tour!