Moving right along in getting our bedroom to the place I would love it to be - heaven at night and someplace bright and welcoming to wake up to.
My black and white quilt doesn't fit correctly, but turned on it's side (so the long way hangs off the sides of the bed) it's working. Eventually I might figure out a new plan, but for now, I'm happy with it.
I recovered the headboard. The chevron was fun, but it was over. On to the next. I wanted something super neutral and simple and ended up using light tan home decor weight fabric (from Joann's). To provide some interest, I cut the fabric into diagonal stripes and sewed them all back together again. It gives it a subtle pattern and some texture without fighting for attention in the room.
My nightstand is the white trunk that was happily displaced by the new media cabinet. It's a perfect bedside table for me because it helps fill the space (our bedroom is pretty big) and gives me plenty of room for my random bedside stuff.
The books on top have all been started. (Great with Child for the second time.) But thanks to my pregnancy brain, there has been little progress on each. I can't read a book right now. Too much to think about. Too much fog. But I hear there is little else to do besides read while nursing the little one, so I look forward to rediscovering books in a few weeks.
And Paul's bedside table is my most recent DIY. It's sad, poor Paul has not had a decent bedside table for years. I could never get our bedroom exactly right and find the correct pieces to make it fit us. After the success of the media cabinet, I decided to play again with the mix of white paint and stain.
This is an Ikea Rast cabinet - no doubt you have seen this Ikea hack tutorial! My sister-in-law, Kristen, put together her own a few years ago and while she was in town last week was kind enough to create one for me. The lamp on top is something I made a few years ago. I left the current marbled paper in for now, but I may take it out or replace it.
To make the nightstand a bit more manly, I decided to make leather drawer pulls. I bought a leather belt at Goodwill, measured carefully and cut it into six equal pieces, punched holes with my crop-a-dile and then screwed the folded pieces into place on the existing drawer holes. Really simple and just what I was looking for.
Paul has tons of clothes (but the crazy part is he wears them all) and so I am excited about him having three drawers of extra storage for t-shirts. I'm also glad he'll have a place for his water glass and lamp.
Feeling like incredible progress in here. I'd still love a bench for the end of the bed. I am considering something for over the headboard. We need a new dresser. I'll love to put a sliding track & door over the entry to the master bath. The other wall needs some big art in a big way. But we're headed in the right direction and it feels very good.