You are now ten months old. Today I want to share ten funny facts about you.
1. You think toothbrushes are just the best. You grin like crazy watching me brush my teeth and you love the 15 seconds we spend each evening brushing your two tiny teeth and gums with water.
2. You're scared of the hairdryer. Good thing I use it so rarely.
3. You're so brave! At your last check-up, you got a shot. Dad wasn't there so it was just me for the first time. I held you still and spoke in the calmest voice I could muster. The nurse was quick and when it was over your face scrunched up, ready to cry out. "It's over, sweet girl" I whispered and you blinked and held back the tears. The nurse said you were the first baby he'd ever administered a shot to that didn't cry. I can't wait to tell you this story when you're five and nervous about visiting the doctor.
4. You've learned to clap your hands and raise your arms over your head when I ask "how big are you?!" Soooo big. You also tell us that the cow says "Maaaao."
5. You love to pull your books off your bookshelf one at a time. They are packed pretty tight so those first few books are like a game of Jenga. You touch all of them, trying to figure out which one is willing to give way to your tiny but determined fingers. We spend hours at that bookshelf. Pulling and tossing and reading and re-shelving and re-pulling and re-reading.
6. You smile for the camera. Big huge cheesy grins, regardless of your mood or what you are doing. It's my favorite.
7. You babble "ma-ma" all day long, but I am not sure you have any idea who or what it's referring too. I'm counting it as your first word though, for sure. "Uh-oh" was your second word.
8. You love quinoa, feta cheese & brown rice. You pick up each kernel individually with your fingers and bring them to your mouth. Most of the time, you make it in.
9. You're a dancer! I have no idea how or why because Dad and I are just awful at moving to any sort of beat. It's awesome. You nod your head and shake your belly to Pharell's Happy, anything on my iPhone, and all of your musical toys. You even dance to Mama's rendition of the Itsy-Bitsy Spider. I took you to a music class and the teacher described you as a "firecracker."
10. You're so over being still. I chase you from room to room and spend most of naptime helping you find your way back to a horizontal position. You're quick! And adventurous. And while it's exhausting, I love it.
Happy ten months, sweet girl. I love you.
yours forever, Mama.