It's birthday month! I'm kind of obsessed with birthday month because my blog posts tend to write themselves. In three weeks, I'll turn 30 which means today I've got a round-up of the 20 biggest lessons I learned while in my twenties. While I could have gone on (and on and on) about each, I kept things simple. I linked up when the lesson corresponded with a blog post.
1. Don't fight hungry (or drunk) (or tired).
2. But if it still bothers you when you're fed, sober and rested - by all means - battle.
4. Always end a speech with a call to action.
5. How to use a sewing machine.
6. "I can't do this but I'm doing it anyway." (best remembered in situations of half-marathons, deployment, 28 hour labors and speeches in front of 2800)
8. Want to make progress? Put your head down and work.
9. Say yes when it's terrifying and no when it's boring.
10. (And sometimes say yes to the boredom and no to the terror.)
11. If you're losing sleep it's the wrong fit.
13. Count steps not calories.
14. Red wine > white wine.
15. How to drink black coffee.
16. A run solves most bad moods.
17. In the moment it's easier to hold a grudge; after the moment passes, it's easier to forgive.
18. It all comes back around.
19. The library is the greatest.
20. Trust your gut in both business and life; no one will ever care as much about your shit as you do. (And that's exactly how it should be.)