I got the quilt finished up late Thursday night. My hold-up is always getting the top together. The rest, sandwiching, quilting and binding tends to go so quick for me.
Just like with Ellerie's quilt, I waited to wash the fabrics until AFTER I had sewn it all together. This is totally personal preference and not something I have always done or will always do. What it means is that everything shrinks after being sewn (unlike when you pre-wash your fabrics and they shrink before sewing). The result is that soft, puckered look you see above. I know from experience (and dozens of washes of Ellerie's quilt) that it settles overtime.
The two quilts are very similar with the exact same size (45x60 inches) and pattern (equilateral triangles). I went with colors that complimented the other but still are unique. Both have pink, peach, cream and coral but Ellerie's is more gray and baby two's is more brown/tan.
I backed this one with a tan fabric to fit with the colors on the front. With triangles this small (they are 4.5 inches pre-washed) there are a lot of lines to be quilted which makes for such a pretty back side. The binding is machine stitched on because I know these blankets will be used a lot over the years.
Ahhh, so addicting. I bought fabric for this before we knew boy or girl and so that means I also have fabric for a boy quilt (it will go to a friend). I think I want to try something totally different. We'll see.