- This is an online class that focuses on using web coding and design to customize your Typepad blog.
- Class seats are $115 and payment will be made through paypal. You will receive a welcome email immediately after purchase.
- The workshop seats are limited and instruction will start on Monday, April 30th.
- This class will take place on a private blog & will include two weeks of intense instruction followed by six more weeks of access to the blog, Q&A and extra help from me.
- After the complete eight week class, you will continue to have access to the instructional videos and be able to download a PDF booklet of what was covered in the workshop.
- Lessons will be taught via videos (where you can see my screen and hear my instructions) as well as written "lectures."
- Included in the class fee is 1-on-1 help (within reason, I can't redo your blog for you but I can give you the tools and answers to do it yourself) via email as well as feedback and constructive criticism if you are interested.
- creating a cohesive & professional blog design
- post visuals & buttons
- font & formatting
- general & useful HTML coding
- sidebar images, buttons, text
- banner & navigation buttons
- creating additional pages
- creating a small "store front" within a blog
- using HTML elsewhere online (like flickr & message boards)
- editorial calendars & scheduling posts
- advertisers & affiliate programs
- making sense of blog statistics
- my blogging story
- and more - including that 1-on-1 help via email
- As mentioned, this is a class for Typepad bloggers. I will be focusing all instruction on customizing your Typepad blog ONLY. **If you do not yet have a Typepad account but are interested in the class, please don't set up your account yet. I have a coupon code for 20% off to offer new members OR people who need to upgrade to a Plus Typepad account. You will receive it after signing up. This is 20% off your membership for as long as you have an account. If you already have an account, you can still apply it. Very exciting.
- I would highly recommend that you have access to Photoshop Elements or another photo editing/design program. It's not required, but you will find it helpful in creating graphic elements for your site. You can always download a free trial to use during the class.
"Designing my own blog was an idea I'd flirted with in the past but html and coding had always intimidated me. When I heard about Elise's class I knew it was time to take the leap and challenge myself to learn something new. Her class was well-organized and easy to understand but also gave me the feeling of having extremely valuable skills under my belt! She made herself available to everyone who needed further instruction or feedback on their blog designs which was just as valuable to me as the information in the class. Her use of video tutorials as well as written lessons worked really well with my learning style and helped me navigate a new blog hosting site without feeling lost. Overall the class exceeded my expectations and I highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for a little guidance in designing their own blog!" - Rachel Denbow of Smile & Wave.
"My boyfriend gave me Elise’s Blog Workshop class as a birthday gift. As a longtime blogger (and as someone with a degree in Web Design) I was a little unsure of whether or not I would actually learn anything. But by the end of the course, I was stunned by how much information and design tips Elise fit into a two weeks! During the course of this workshop, my blog went from blah and boring to something so great that I started getting immediate offers for sponsorships and advertisers! I’m also being headhunted by technology firms as a social media consultant – all thanks to the strength of my blog! Thanks, Elise!" - Cris Stone of Kiss My Tulle
"This was the class I've been waiting for. It saved me hours and hours of Googling and fiddling with trial and error. Elise taught us how to do things right the first time; and if she didn't know, she would diligently seek out the answer to more complex questions we had. Elise saved me hours of frustration, which in my book is worth every dollar and more." - the tiny twig
"My brother is a computer programmer who builds websites and writes computer software. He was astounded by what I was able to learn and put together in just a few short weeks. I went from knowing absolutely nothing about blogging (other than reading a lot of them) to setting up and customizing my own blog complete with coding! This workshop felt like having a patient friend guide you by the hand and tell you step-by-step just what to do. For what I got out of this workshop (one-on-one help, a Typepad discount, lessons in blogging AND coding AND design), I would have easily paid double. Very enjoyable and very much worth it!" - Linda of The Written Picture
Why only Typepad? Typepad is the platform I have used for six years and am most comfortable explaining and teaching.
Will you be teaching a similar class for other blogging platforms? No.
Why limited seats? I am offering a limited number of seats so I am able to give 1-on-1 attention when needed.
Do I have to visit the private blog everyday? No, you certainly do not have to read class updates everyday. HOWEVER, I did find that students who followed along daily seemed to "get it" with a bit less confusion. If you are unable to check the site daily during the instruction days (April 30-May11) that's okay! But I would recommend reading just one or two lectures a day when you do have time. This will help everything sink in and allow you to build on ideas from one lecture to another. Basically, if you take you time to work through the material as opposed to cramming it all in, it will make more sense and ease frustration.
Are you going to be releasing PDFs of this workshop? Not anytime in the near future. I hope to run this class in full a few more times if there is interest and I can't figure out a good price for the PDF that is fair for me and fair for you. So for now, there is no PDF release date.
This is an interesting & challenging class to teach. I enjoyed the lesson development and am excited to help you make your blog more YOU. Please keep in mind that this class will involve a lot work on your part as well. This is detailed stuff and I am going to make it fun, but I can't do it for you. Please email me (elise.blaha AT gmail.com) if you have any questions about what the class will cover or what my capabilities are. I don't want you to sign up for something that isn't what you are looking for or really need.
Ready to sign up? Please use the "add to cart" button below. You will be directed to pay via Paypal. Soon after you submit payment, you will receive a confirmation email with more information. Keep in mind that if you pay with an e-check, your email will come once your check clears (which can take up to a few days).
This class is now closed. THANK YOU! :)