About two months ago, following this awesome tutorial, I trimmed the leaves off my "leggy" succulent plant in an attempt to propagate (grow tiny new plants) from the cuttings. I am sharing my progress in real time, to give you (and me!) a REAL idea of how long this takes.
The biggest change is that my original cut stalks now have decent sized florets growing out of them. There were originally six stalks. One has shriveled up, three have great little blooms and two have tiny blooms. It won't be long now until this pot holds a real plant again.
The tops have grown substantial roots, enough that I decided to replant all six of them in another pot.
I buried their roots and hopefully they will start to take hold.
The leaf cuttings remain pretty boring. All have roots, but very few have the beginnings of new plants (as shown above).
I transferred the best looking ones to their own small pot and we'll see what happens there.
I am going to keep the other cuttings in my pie tin for one more month to see what happens - if nothing, I'll trash them and move forward with my other little guys.
I've moved all the pots (and the entire plant stand) outside for now (less baby interference out there) and I'll continue to keep you posted.